[egenix-users] RfC: mx.TextTools Non-recursive Implementation

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Wed Jun 19 20:18:16 CEST 2002

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> I've been working on a non-recursive implementation of the mx.TextTools
> core loop this weekend, and am to the point where I could use some help
> in moving it forward.  (I'm posting to the users list because I figure
> people other than just Marc-André might be interested in hacking on the
> package).
>
> As of now, I seem to have a functional, but still very rough, version of
> the engine.  It passes all of the unit tests I have (including 67 for
> the low-level mx.TextTools functionality (excluding Loop commands) and
> another 170 for SimpleParse functionality).

Sounds interesting :-)

Now, I am thinking of how this could be integrated into the base package.
I can't rip out the existing code (for various reasons; one being that
I cannot maintain complex code written by someone else), so this would
have to be a separate option in mxTextTools, e.g. stackless_tag() ;-)

Ideal would be if you could separate out the code into a set of
new files, e.g. mxste_*.h|c. We also have to discuss licensing...
but that we can do in private.

CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH