[egenix-users] How to create nested search pattern with mxTextTools?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Mon Jun 10 14:27:41 CEST 2002

Pekka Niiranen wrote:
> M-A, Correct me if I am wrong, but does that mean:
> I can reuse the parser returned by Simpleparse as subtable
> and use "+AppendMatch" in that new merged table ?

Sure. SimpleParse generates the table for you as Mike
already outlined.

> The SimpleParse does not support all the commands of mxTextTool.

For the simple grammar you have in mind, you could just
as well hand code the tag table to suit your needs.
It is pretty straight forward and if you use the latest beta
of egenix-mx-base you even get string labels for free which
makes writing these a lot easier (also, you can then have
mxTextTools parse native Unicode no case you should ever
want to do that).

CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH