[egenix-users] How to create nested search pattern witn mxTextTools ?

Pekka Niiranen krissepu at vip.fi
Sun Jun 9 18:25:27 CEST 2002

I am searching nested strings that are limited (and include)
with ?- and ! -signs.

I have created a nested EBNF-search pattern with Simpleparse-1.0 module
for mxTextTools. The problem is: I am interested only on matched strings

and cannot use flag (true or not ?) "AppendMatch" with SimpleParse.

What is the mxTextTool equivalent of the EBNF -notation below:

declaration := a,(match,a)*
match := '?',a,(match,a)*,'!'
<a> := [-_a-z0-9A-Z:. ]*        #Not returning this line

in case of a string "aa?BB?CC!DD!ee?FF!gg"
it should return:

[?BB?CC!DD!, ?CC!, ?FF!]

Any help appreciated,

    -pekka-