[egenix-users] Upcoming 2.1.0 release of eGenix.com mx BASE

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Fri Feb 1 12:15:49 CET 2002

Hi everybody,

there will be a new release of the mx BASE distribution this
month and I was wondering whether you'd like to test drive
the current alpha of that version.

Here's a short overview of what has changed:

* mxTextTools does now fully support Unicode (this is a sponsored
  feature addition)

* mxBeeBase is starting to feel at home on non-Unix platforms
  as well, esp. Windows where it didn't work before in locking
  mode. mxBeeBase offers you many possibilities, BTW, e.g. on-disk
  dictionaries and fast lookups.

+ The usual bunch of small tweaks and changes.

Before the final version I also plan to add mxURL from the
experimental distribution to mx base.

Here's the current pre-release as distutils source package:

  http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0.zip

Please give it a go and let me know what you think. I'll
update the above file every now and then (in place), but
will post updates to this list.

Thanks,
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH