[egenix-users] Use of function in mxTextTools

Pekka Niiranen krissepu at vip.fi
Sat Aug 17 22:10:40 CEST 2002

Hi,

if I call function when string matches, is it
possible to specify inside function the action that is taken ?

I am considering a function that checks whether a "match" is valid:
if match = = valid:
    continue as if string matched
else.
    continue as if match failed.

In other words I should be able to include some additonal
logic to simple character check in order to evaluate whether I
have a valid match. That logic should be python or C -code.

What I miss is access to recursion state: for example a flag
that is accessible with mxTextTool's parameters and that tells
wheter mxTextTools is recursing at the moment

-pekka-