[egenix-users] Windows debug build of mxDateTime

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Fri Aug 9 21:24:10 CEST 2002

Geoffrey Talvola wrote:
> For various reasons I'd like to get my hands on a debug build of mxDateTime
> for Windows for Python 1.5.2.  I've downloaded the source and successfully
> compiled the regular release version, but I don't see any obvious way to get
> it to build a debug version (i.e. the mxDateTime_d.pyd that can be used with
> a python_d.exe debug build of Python).
>
> Anyone know how to get this to happen?

python setup.py install --debug

should get you there, but you are on your own then... I only
rarely build a debug version myself, so it's not clear whether
that setup works or not (esp. because memory allocation is different
in debug builds and I know of at least one bug which will be
fixed in 2.1.0).

CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH