[eGenix.com] ANN: eGenix Talks & Videos: Python Keynote and Application Design Talk

egenix-announcements at egenix.com egenix-announcements at egenix.com
Fri Jun 19 11:05:06 CEST 2015

ANNOUNCING

                        eGenix Talks & Videos:

              Python Keynote and Application Design Talk

                          PyWaw Summit 2015

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/PyWaw-Summit-2015-Keynote-and-Application-Design.html

CONFERENCE: PyWaw Summit 2015 in Warsaw, Poland

Marc-André Lemburg, Python Core Developer and Senior Software
Architect, was invited to give a keynote and a technical talk at the
first PyWaw Summit 2015 in Warsaw, Poland.

The event was a big success, thanks to great organization of the PyWaw
team, and we can only recommend anyone looking for two very intense
days of talks to consider attending next year's summit.

We have now turned the talks into a video presentations for easy
viewing and also released the presentation slides.

KEYNOTE: Python Community - Present, Past and Future

 This keynote was held at the first PyWaw Summit 2015 in Warsaw,
 Poland, giving a personal view of what makes the Python community so
 special.

 Talk video and slides:
 http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/PyWaw-Summit-2015-Keynote-Python-Community-Past-Present-Future/

In this keynote, I take the audience on a tour through the development
of the Python community. Starting 20 years ago with how I entered
Python, looking at important milestones, showing current developments
and giving an outlook of where we might be heading in the next few
years.

Hope you'll enjoy the ride.

-- Marc-André Lemburg

TALK: Designing Large Scale Applications in Python

 This talk was given at the first PyWaw Summit 2015 in Warsaw, Poland,
 demonstrating a guided and structured approach to Python application
 design.

 Talk video and slides:
 http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/PyWaw-Summit-2015-Designing-Large-Scale-Applications-in-Python/

Python is often referred to as a scripting language. While Python is
an ideal platform for scripting, integration or plugin tasks, it does
in fact cover all the concepts needed for truly large-scale object
oriented application development. However, complex applications bring
new challenges.

The talk draws on my experience with large-scale application design
using Python as central implementation language and provides a
cookbook approach to many of the problems you face when designing and
organizing complex application frameworks.

The approach has been used in many real-life projects, ranging from
web application servers in varying fields of application to complete
finance trading systems. Python has always proven to be a truly good
choice with an outstanding time-to-market advantage over other
implementation languages such as Java or C++. It allows small software
development companies to successfully compete against multi-million
dollar ventures.

-- Marc-André Lemburg

PYTHON COACHING AND CONSULTING

If you are interested in learning more about these advanced
techniques, eGenix now offers Python project coaching and consulting
services to give your project teams advice on how to design Python
applications, successfully run projects, or find excellent Python
programmers. Please contact our eGenix Sales Team for information.

    http://www.egenix.com/services/

More interesting eGenix presentations are available in the
presentations and talks community section of our website.

    http://www.egenix.com/

INFORMATION

About Python (http://www.python.org/):

    Python is an object-oriented Open Source programming language
    which runs on all modern platforms. By integrating ease-of-use,
    clarity in coding, enterprise application connectivity and rapid
    application design, Python establishes an ideal programming
    platform for today's IT challenges.

About eGenix (http://www.egenix.com/):

    eGenix is a software project, consulting and product company
    focusing on expert project services and professional quality
    products for companies, Python users and developers.

Enjoy,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 19 2015)
>>> mxODBC Plone/Zope Database Adapter ...       http://zope.egenix.com/
2015-06-16: Released eGenix pyOpenSSL 0.13.10 ... http://egenix.com/go78
2015-06-10: Released mxODBC Plone/Zope DA 2.2.2   http://egenix.com/go76
2015-07-20: EuroPython 2015, Bilbao, Spain ...             31 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/