[eGenix.com] ANN: eGenix PyCon UK 2014 Talks & Videos

egenix-announcements at egenix.com egenix-announcements at egenix.com
Mon Sep 29 14:35:25 CEST 2014

ANNOUNCING
                eGenix PyCon UK 2014 Talks & Videos

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/PyCon-UK-2014-Presentations.html

We have just published the talk slides and videos of our PyCon UK 2014
presentations.

The PyCon UK Conference is the premier conference for Python users and
developers in the UK. This year it was held from September 19-22 in
Coventry, UK.

EGENIX TALKS AT PYCON UK 2014

At this year's PyCon UK, Marc-André Lemburg, CEO of eGenix, gave the
following talks at the conference. The presentations are available for
viewing and download from our Presentations and Talks section:

    http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/

When performance matters ...
----------------------------

  Simple idioms you can use to make your Python code run faster and
  use less memory.

  Python applications sometimes need all the performance they can
  get. Think of e.g. web, REST or RPC servers. There are several ways
  to address this: scale up by using more processes, use Cython, use
  PyPy, rewrite parts in C, etc.

  However, there are also quite a few things that can be done directly
  in Python. This talk goes through a number of examples and show
  cases how sticking to a few idioms can easily enhance the
  performance of your existing applications without having to revert
  to more complex optimization strategies.

  The talk was complemented with a lightning talk titled "Pythons and
  Flies", which addresses a memory performance idiom and answers one
  of the audience questions raised in the above talk.

Talk video and slides:
http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/PyCon-UK-2014-When-performance-matters/

Python Web Installer
--------------------

  Installing Python packages is usually done with one of the available
  package installation systems, e.g. pip, easy_install, zc.buildout,
  or manually by running "python setup.py install" in a package
  distribution directory.

  These systems work fine as long as you have Python-only
  packages. For packages that contain binaries, such as Python C
  extensions or other platform dependent code, the situation is a lot
  less bright.

  In this talk, we present a new web installer system that we're
  currently developing to overcome these limitations.

  The system combines the dynamic Python installation interface
  supported by all installers ("python setup.py install"), with a web
  installer which automatically selects, downloads, verifies and
  installs the binary package for your platform.

Talk video and slides:
http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/PyCon-UK-2014-Python-Web-Installer/

If you are interested in learning more about these idioms and
techniques, eGenix now offers Python project coaching and consulting
services to give your project teams advice on how to achieve best
performance and efficiency with Python:

    http://www.egenix.com/services/coaching/

Please contact our eGenix Sales Team for information: sales at egenix.com.

INFORMATION

About Python (http://www.python.org/):

    Python is an object-oriented Open Source programming language
    which runs on all modern platforms. By integrating ease-of-use,
    clarity in coding, enterprise application connectivity and rapid
    application design, Python establishes an ideal programming
    platform for today's IT challenges.

About eGenix (http://www.egenix.com/):

    eGenix is a software project, consulting and product company
    focusing on expert project services and professional quality
    products for companies, Python users and developers.

Enjoy,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 29 2014)
2014-09-30: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                      tomorrow

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/