[eGenix.com] ANN: eGenix EuroPython 2013 Talks & Videos

egenix-announcements at egenix.com egenix-announcements at egenix.com
Tue Jul 16 15:11:51 CEST 2013

ANNOUNCING
                eGenix EuroPython 2013 Talks & Videos

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/EuroPython-2013-Presentations.html

We have just published the talks slides and videos of our EuroPython
2013 presentations.

The EuroPython Conference is the one of the premier conferences for
Python users and developers. This year it was held from July 1-7 in
Florence, Italy.

EGENIX TALKS AT EUROPYTHON

At this year's EuroPython, Marc-André Lemburg, CEO of eGenix, gave the
following two talks at the conference, providing some insights into
our experience with running Python projects. The presentations are
available for viewing and download from our Presentations and Talks
section.

    http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/

Designing Large-Scale Applications in Python

Concepts for designing large and scalable Python applications that
work in practice.

Python is often referred to as a scripting language. While Python is
an ideal platform for scripting, integration or plugin tasks, it does
in fact cover all the concepts needed for truly large-scale object
oriented application development. However, complex applications bring
new challenges.

The talk will draw on the speaker’s experience with large-scale
application design using Python as central implementation language and
provide a cookbook approach to many of the problems you face when
designing and organizing complex application frameworks.

The approach has been proven in many real-life projects, ranging from
web application servers in varying fields of application to complete
finance trading systems. Python has always proven to be a truly good
choice with an outstanding time-to-market advantage over other
implementation languages such as Java or C++. It allows small software
development companies to successfully compete against multi-million
dollar ventures.

Talk video and slides:
http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/EuroPython2013-Designing-Large-Scale-Applications-in-Python/

and

Efficient Python development with small teams

As we all know, Python is a very efficient implementation language -
so efficient, that you sometimes face new challenges in projects. Very
often, you can completely skip the prototype phase and go directly to
the main development phase. Customers love this, of course, but this
approach tends to come with its own unique set of requirements and
problems.

Team size, communication, application design, work distribution,
milestone and customer expectation management are important factors
for the success of such a project.

The talk will discuss a few strategies that have worked in many larger
projects and also touch upon some things that did not work out well.

Talk video and slides:
http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/EuroPython2013-Efficient-Python-development-with-small-teams/

INFORMATION

About Python (http://www.python.org/):

    Python is an object-oriented Open Source programming language
    which runs on all modern platforms. By integrating ease-of-use,
    clarity in coding, enterprise application connectivity and rapid
    application design, Python establishes an ideal programming
    platform for today's IT challenges.

About eGenix (http://www.egenix.com/):

    eGenix is a software project, consulting and product company
    focusing on expert project services and professional quality
    products for companies, Python users and developers.

Enjoy,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 16 2013)
2013-07-16: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                         today

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/