[egenix-users] Error message opening connection using WinXP ODBC connection to Access file on network drive

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Thu Mar 1 16:55:17 CET 2007

Am 01.03.2007, 16:44 Uhr, schrieb Jones, William
<william.jones12 at wilkes.edu>:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to set up an Access database on a network drive that I can
> connect to using mxODBC.  The database connector works fine in Zope when
> I have the database on the client machine, but when I move it over to a
> network drive I get an error message:

Dear Mr. Jones,

Microsoft Access can be very difficult to, er, access on a network - there
are a number of articles on Microsoft's website that cover the topic but
another common error is that the user under which Zope is running may not
have access to the DSN but in your case

The path was:
h:\GSCL_non_credit_registration_db.mbd

 From memory someone else had a similar issue a while back and I think the
thing is that you cannot use mapped drives but have to have the full
network path. I think the articles on Microsoft's website cover this in
greater detail.

Charlie