[egenix-users] mxODBC Zope DA and None vs. ""

F.Baart at sfk.nl F.Baart at sfk.nl
Wed Jun 18 16:42:02 CEST 2003

Hello,

I recently switched from ZODBC DA to mxODBC Zope DA . Although the
transition did go quite smoothly I am facing some incompatibilities which I
am not sure how to deal with:

1. mxODBC returns empty strings as None, where ZODBC returns empty strings.
This results in "None"'s popping up al over the place including in my
database.
For example: Using inputs in a <dtml-in sql> results someting like:
<input type="text" value="None"/>
After using the text from the input, all empty chars in de database are
changed to "None", which is somewhat annoying.

2. mxODBC returns either returns DECIMAL(n.0) as a float or FLOAT as an
integer depending on the setting of "leave scale 0 floats untouched".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fedor
fedor at sfk dot nl
SFK

I am using ISeries DB2  on OS/400 5r1 as a database with client-access
express ODBC drivers and zope 2.6.1 (mxODBC DA 1.0.4) on win2k.